Friday, March 13, 2009

Safe Arrival in South Bend

Hey yall, we want you to know that we had a wonderful eight hour drive to South Bend. Pulled out Thursday morning at four o'clock and at noon we were in South Bend. Only got pulled over once and that was for changing lanes without signal. Rishard spoke to the officer and it was funny how his mood changed, we didnt get a ticket or anything... That was good. When you're driving 90 West coming through Ohio, be careful. The Police are stationed like every two miles. We're at a hotel. You know when you have a young child that can sometimes be a bit much to put on folks, even family, so we typically do hotels for everyone's sake. Now pray for us because there is a little drama festering as a result of Uncle Paul's service being at the funeral home instead of his home church. The Jehovah Witness Aunt; "A Sweetheart" I might add, as far as I know too, I might add, will not submit to the wishes of Uncle Paul's ten siblings and take the service to the Church. Neither is Uncle Paul's minister invited to have words at the service or any of the siblings' Pastors who live in South Bend and know Uncle Paul well allowed or asked to have words on behalf of the family! Thus, who is the minister that can speak on behalf of the family? Yeap, you got it. Now listen, while I understand the wishes of Uncle Paul's siblings, and I totally agree and wish as they are wishing, Uncle Paul's wife is in charge. I dont want and will not violate her rights, but given the opportunity to speak on behalf of Uncle Paul's "Jesus the Risen Savior Family" then I will. I think the most hurtful part for the siblings is that Uncle Paul has told each of them including his wife that he wanted his service at his church and not a Kingdom Hall service. He was vehemently opposed to that! I will visit my Aunt-in-law later today, and dont want the siblings to feel that I'm betraying them.....If you ask why I'm sharing this then I will tell you. I think its important for all of us to know that we're not in our situations alone. Many folks look at the person(s) in leadership roles, high places, etc. and think they are exempt from the norms of this world. It's just that, normal disfunctional acts that happens with many families. The abnormal is when there is no drama. God is yet in control. I will speak tomorrow in the service, I will encourage Uncle Paul's wife as well as Uncle Paul's siblings. Not sure if healing will take place; as a matter of fact I'm sure that if it does, it wont be tomorrow. I'll try to get back to you before leaving here. On my way to meet my four remaining Uncles to help with another dramatic area before the service time. See ya!

No comments: