Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God Has it All In Control

I have received numerous calls over the past 24 hours concerning my Mother's Brother, Uncle Paul. He has been ill for quite some time. He has suffered with liver disease (go figure) and a number of other physical issues. God has spared his life many times as He has yours and mine of course. However, with Uncle Paul, he has had some really really sick days and then he would get up from his sick bed and do well for long periods of time. The phone rang yesterday to inform me that Uncle Paul had a stroke, obviously a major one, and the doctors have given him four weeks to live. Many of the members of family have seen Uncle Paul so close and yet pull out so many times until only a few have accepted the Doctors report. Personally, I have encouraged each person and continue to encourage family in knowing that God Has it All in Control. I know too that it is appointed unto man to die, you, me, and every man that walketh upon the face of Earth who will not be caught up in the Rapture will die. To that end, its still not easy when your loved ones are ill, are hurting, in trouble, or threatned by death! I continue to pray to to God that His will is done, and that the entire Willis Family will have the strength to accept God's will as just that; God's will. Your prayers for my Mother's family are appreciated. By the way, I failed to mention that My Grandmother; Moma Louise is 97 years old and doing pretty well and all of her eleven children are alive and doing very well saving Uncle Paul. God is a wonderful God!

2 comments:

Vietta P's two cents worth said...

I was checking on a few of my blog family members that I hadn't heard from recently, and came across your blogsite on Pastor McGhee's blogroll. The subject of your post caught my eye. I am well aware that God has all things in His control. I needed to see what you had to share today. It touched me in ways I cannot explain. Yet, I CAN say, I was blessed by the words of your proclaimed assurance within your family's situation.

What a blessing it is for your grandmother's long life. To have her children with her for many years. As a mother, I cannot fathom the thought of losing any of my sons during my lifetime. But, I know I can do all things through Christ, and He continues to be my strength. I will be in prayer for Uncle Paul and your entire family. Thank you for this encouraging post. Be blessed.

Dr. Rickey Bernard Harvey said...

Thank you Vietta,
Stay in touch!