Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Toto, Our Cairn Terrier

The family and I have settled on a beautiful Cairn Terrier, Toto. Toto was born November 11th in Rushville, New York. He is a wonderful puppy; the Wizard of Oz Dog, remember? He's one of the easiest to train and most calm puppies I have ever had, and there have been many. Toto came from an Amish Family in Rushville who make a living selling Milk. It was a very interesting set up. The only work the family does is on the farm, the children are taught at home, they know nothing about school, they raise all the food that they eat saving flower, meal, sugar, and I think he may have said a few other things that they purchase from the store. Their transportation is solely the horse and buggy unless an emergency occurs and they need to get to a Rochester Hospital, then they "Hire Transportation." They are only around their kind, so they have a very different dialect from regular American people, and I tell you that to say that even the Toto had a very different kind of bark from regular puppies. Now that Toto has been in our home since shortly after Christmas, his bark has changed. He barks like a regular puppy! May sound crazy but its true. He's a very welcomed addition to the family and Yvonne likes him a whole lot more than she did the Chickens. Now dont believe everything she tells you about not liking my Chickens. Yvonne loves me so much until whatever I bring home, she falls in love with it. Once I had like 15 baby chicks born in the cooler part of the year in Tucson. I came home, Yvonne had the chicks in our bed, under cover "keeping them warm." LOL She loves what and who I love. Wonderful lady! I wish I had posted pictures of Toto earlier so you could have watched him grow.

No comments: