Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

This is so new to me. For the last ten years in Tucson, the State of Arizona did not change times. Sunday was absolutely crazy. One because of my Saturday. I worked most of the day, went to the gym, then to dinner with a great couple from our church. I learned that this was the first double date that this couple had been on in the more than twenty plus years that they have been together. How special it was for Yvonne and I to be their first double date. After dinner we went to the Hoshstein Performance Hall to hear the Morgan State University Choir. I hope that my nodding in the place, didn't upset them (oh we decided upon honesty right) I was full blown sleep in the Performance Hall; that is until this Brother Nathan Carter comes up to the microphone and begin to sing "If I Can Help Somebody" Oh my Gosh... He sounded like no other singer in the world. The Best kept secret ever. I mean ever. Then I was pretty much awake, I thought from that point on, but for some reason Yvonne and our companion couple were up putting on coats, and walking out, and I'm like, "But its not over." I hate to get a good sleep going and then folks talk about lets go! Oh, but my point is, I got home late, looked over my message, laid down for a minute and it was time to get up. Nobody told me to change the clock, but like Tucson, you feel the difference. I could not get going, my regular programming on the radio was not there, the Bobby Jones show was on for the first time, I'm like "Whats going on." Then I get a text from a couple of my Brothers at Church asking if I set the clock, If I was ok, or what, because I wasn't at church when they got there and thats never the case. I'm always there before these guys. Well now we are on that full blown Eastern Time and its great! It's fast but my body will catch up to it as it has everything else here on the East Coast and be fine. I have to tell you about a situation with a Church that called me before Mount Olivet did.....Stay tuned to my Blog... This is really a trip! Don't let me forget to tell you! Gotta get Rishard to school otherwise I would tell you now!

No comments: