Monday, March 16, 2009

Mount Vernon's Men's Day

Reverend Harmon Stockdale and the Mount Vernon Baptist Church of Rochester honored us with the priviledge of being their special guest in their Men's Day Celebration. It was just that! The house was packed, the Men of Mount Vernon presented wonderful music, sang greatly, the music was good, the fellowship was great. It was such a good chemistry with Stockdale and me and our churches. A Great Fellowship! Everybody was glad to be in service. Their theme was "Men of Wisdom and Understanding". I got it via email, text, and in the mail twice so I knew that I would need to speak on that subject. I once didn't speak on Church Themes, but now I figure if the scripture didn't mean anything to the Church then they wouldn't have chosen it! Duh! I had a funeral Saturday, my service Sunday Morning, a great dinner afterwards at the Cresent Beach Restaurant (Nice waterfront property; and good food. Yvonne and I have not seen that much water or any water in a place that we called home in over a decade) and traveling on the road for sixteen hours roundtrip drive and at the church by eight Sundy morning, It was a DAY. I was not nearly as long with Yesterday's sermon as normal. My fellowship line was as long yesterday as it was my first Sunday. NOT sure if they were glad we made it back from South Bend safely or glad the service wasnt long. Probably a combination. You think? I'm gonna try shorter sermons. You know it may really help if you dont give so much. People may be able to remember more and the more that is remembered, the more will be practiced. Oh, that's Deep! See, I can come up with Deep Stuff sometimes...Ok; here we go! Let's start Sunday and see how it goes... Above are some pictures taken from the Mount Vernon's Men's Day Service.

1 comment:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Due to my illness last week, I was not able to fellowship with you as I had hoped. I did hear how the Lord used you in a powerful way on Friday. Looks like He did it again on Sunday. God bless your ministry.