Thursday, March 12, 2009

Heading to South Bend

Yvonne and I are up now. Its a little after 3:00am on Thursday morning. The truck is about to be loaded; not much stuff considering its a turn-around trip but what bit we have will be loaded shortly and the goal is to pull out in the next 30 to 45 minutes. I know my Mount Olivet Family and friends abroad are praying for our safe travel and I want you to know that your prayers and love are needed and appreciated. Mount Olivet has shown us so much love from day one, so its not surprizing that as we approach Uncle Paul's Funeral that my church family would show us even more love. This drive is scheduled for eight hours according to the GPS. I love that thing. It tells you how long the trip and what time you should arrive. I always wondered how pilots could tell you the estimated arrival time and get it almost on the minute; The GPS. We will drive Interstate 90, West I guess because we go through Buffalo and its supposed to take us all the way to South Bend's toll road. I am rested and so is Yvonne. She and Rishard will sleep until daylight. I'm generally good for about five hours before stopping. One stop and we're there if everything goes as planned. The truck has new tires, tire-rod ends, wheel barrens, and a cuple othere new parts. This Rochester Winter put a whipping on the truck and my pocket. Uncle Paul is married to a Jehovah's Witness and she has decided not to have the funeral at his church but at the funeral home so that she can attend. Oh well. It's her husband, and her decision. My life is so drama free. Learn to go with flows and not get bent out of shape over stuff. You know! Pray for us! And I'll talk to you in South Bend.

1 comment:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

I pray you and your family will arrive safely. Hopefully I will get a chance to fellowship with you while you are here. I've been a little under the weather the last couple of days. Maybe it will pass. God bless!!