Monday, March 9, 2009

Circle No Longer UnBroken

In these photos you see my Mother and Grandmother. I told you that my mother is the oldest of eleven and from that eleven there are thirty-five grandchildren of which I'm in that number and from us there are almost fifty great-grands and maybe a dozen great-great-grands. My ninety-seven year old Grandmother is doing very well as far as we can tell. She has been so sick so many times and the Lord has always raised her. We know God has been very good to Moma Louise, and to us for allowing her to be in our lives and to still know all of us. Well she knows those of us that she helped raised. She doesn't know Rishard, (My 4 year old) but she knows Ricketa, Rico and Rickey Jr very well. So she knows the ones who were around when she was really up in body, mind, spirit and heart. Well, the circle in our family was broken last night! Uncle Paul Died. There is just no such thing as being ready; even with Doctor's forewarned notice. You dont get ready for a loved one to pass. You think that you do and you think that it wont hurt because you have had some prep time, but it hurts. My family is blessed. Blessed in so many ways and I dont mean monetarily, but I mean spiritually. Its a family who loves God. No jail birds, (got a couple in the family who stay in and out of jail, but this is not a jail loving family) You know what I mean. Nobody on crack or cocaine to my knowledge. Most of the family are working in Church somewhere around the country. Now, the Circle is Broken. I will be joining my Mother and siblings in South Bend, Indiana later this week for Uncle Paul's funeral. I think this will be a tough one because while we are used to being there for so many other families in bereavement; our family is not used to bereavement. Are we any special from other families, Absolutely not!!! God has just been good to the family. Not a lot of sickness, nobody shot, cut, beat-up, or death in the past decade or more and now in these later years, and rightfully so; We're beginning to experience what other families experience. A Stroke here and there, Cancer, Diabetes, and now death! All families must look to the hills from whence cometh our help, Our help comes from the Lord who made the Heavens and the Earth. I'm glad that I have you to share with! Maybe you should consider your own Blog. I may have rambled in this one, but Thanks for praying for my Uncle Paul and thank you for listening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Harvey,
At times like these we can't help but remember how fragile life is.
May you find strength in knowing that the Lord is with you and your family and also in the embrace of the prayers of your new church family at Mt. Olivet who loves you very much and will be here to help you get through these difficult times. God bless