Monday, March 9, 2009

Lent Season Commitment

I just wanted to let you know quickly that this is like the second weekend since Lent began and I have held fast to the no bread no meat commitment. Honestly, more of this is physical than spiritual. Ok.. If you dont want honesty then dont read my Blog. I was getting embarrassed at the weight that I had gained over the last couple of months. This gave me a good opportuntity and reason to take control of what was turning out to be a bad situation. Its a terrible thing to try on three or four suits on Sundays because they are too tight. Well, this Sunday I was able to reach back into the closet because of having lost right at ten pounds. This week I hope to go at it hard and strong. Working out daily, sometimes twice (home and gym) and lots of Grapefruits, oatmeal, lima beans, and I think I will stop and get like six or eight bunches of turnip greens...Cook them and eat on them as long as they last! Yes mam; I can cook very well! Good members of Mount Olivet.... I think you're doing it on purpose.. No more Breads and Cakes... I have a freezer full of your Breads. Oh, no way I'm giving it away! It's the Best Breads EVER. That's the Problem. Some of my members keep saying they're going to fatten me up... "Hast thou not heard; hast thou not seen; I'm already fattened!" Smile...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rev Harvey
Your blogs are so uplifitng. Often makes me smile/giggle but also thought provoking. Thanks for giving me regular doses of "stuff" so that I can help fix my "stuff"
Blessings from
Mt. Olivet participant

Anonymous said...

Pastor Harvey...I too enjoy and look forward to your blogs! I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your uncle! but u know that he is in a better place now. God be with your family during this time! Good luck with the weight loss and the workout plan! You and Yvonne are truly missed here in Tucson!
God Bless You!