Friday, May 22, 2009

No Place Like Home

I tell you.... Home; "You gotta love it" because there is no place like it. Many many years ago, the flower bed on the West Side of Moma's house (Memphis) was filled with the most beautiful Hydranias ever with a Monkey Grass border. You know the big beautiful blooming plants that practically bloomed all summer. It was my hobby and/or my job, not sure, but I took care of the planting, flower beds and all for the house. Well, this time when I return home, no Hydranias or Monkey grass; rather the bed had been tilled like a field and Moma had Tomato and Pepper plants just waiting. Of course Pat is getting a photo-op here. Eddie Lee actually planted them, but I'm watering them for real. I dont know what Pat call herself doing here. Actually it looks like she's patting the soil down or something... Maybe she was doing something. You know, with the cost of food these days, I just may till up my front yard and plant me a garden. Moma just doing it; got her porch and rails painted, tomatoes and peppers planted... Cant tell the girl anything now! I'll go home for a fried green tomotoes breakfast this Summer.

No comments: