Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Amtrak Ride

Monday was my first Amtrak ride ever. I have never considered taking a train anywhere. Actually thought that was like something that only happened on Big Valley, one of the best Westerns ever when I was a little boy! You remember Heath Barkley, Audra Barkley, Barbara Stanwyck, who played Victoria Barkley, and Nick.? Wow... that makes me want to order the DVD's. It was one of my favorite after school shows back in the day! Well, that's as much of a train as I knew. Didnt really know they were for real people. Now that reminds me too of another of my favorite shows back then... Bonanza.. Remember the Cartwrights....? Ben, Hoss, Adam and Lil Joe? Anyways....... My sister Doris, and two aunts from South Bend, Indiana; Cleaster and Joyce came to Rochester on Amtrak and I was there to get them. I was blown away at what I saw.. It was like in the movies... Needless to say the opportunity to ride the train presented itself and I was like a kid in the candy store...Glad to get on the train.. It was wonderful. Yvonne and I will be going to NYC soon on Amtrak... I think too that NYC and Chicago is about as far as I want to go on the train and as long as I want to ride. If you talking needing a stress free moment....a break from the day....some good down time....then I say take a Train Ride... Now... coming back, I gotta tell you this.... a person like two trains ahead of ours, up around or down around Albany jumped in front of the train... and that held us up for two hours as they were so we're told, gathering bodyparts, police investigating, etc. However, unlike the plane, you go to the cafeteria and eat, drink, play dominoes, cards, (ooops, better not let the good folks out there know that I play spades; scratch that) or simply chill with your DVD, etc.. and the time went by. Nuff said... great experience on the train!

No comments: