Thursday, May 14, 2009

Riding High in Queens NY

Now if you're going to do it, do it Big; at least sometimes! Hey, this is just how it was... Getting a Lil Chauffered ride from the Funeral Service to a restaurant in Queens! Now the Chauffer was something else....Lil Fresh, but I'm a big boy (she was a big girl too) and I know how to handle Fresh Folks. To that end.... folks ask me often how I handle passes being made at me and women coming on to me.... Well, for the most part, my demeanor eliminates that disrespect of my wife and of myself! I work at being the most friendliest person ever, and I have to work at it, because it's not ALL natural. But dont cross the lines with me. That's one of the reasons for being aloof; closeness can breed disrespect and cause unsolicited approaches and advances toward one. People who have known me for the twenty years of my pastorate who are not related call me Pastor, Preacher, some call me Reverend Harvey, etc... My Brother calls me Rabbi, my Son in the ministry Orante' calls me Doc, or whatever... But few of the people that have known me forever call me by my first name. Yvonne calls me Honey or Baby (when she's happy with me other things when she's not happy, but never Rickey) lol...... Oh Back to "Riding High in Queens" Question! Do I go off on Tangems like this when I'm preaching..? Don't Answer.. I will just watch for that and if I notice it.. I will deter from the tangem back to the subject! What is the subject here? :-) I dont know! Guess I wanted you to know that the funeral was in Queens, New York and we were Chauffered by a nice lady in a very beautiful car!

No comments: