Monday, May 11, 2009

Help Me Get Out of Jail

On May 19th I have agreed to participate in the Celebrity Lock-up to benefit the children with Muscular Distrophy. While this has potential to be fun being locked up with the Mayor of the City and other profiled personalities in Rochester, it is serious. Personalities will be picked up from various places in Police Cars and taken to Salena's Mexican Restaurant where there will be Cells, jail clothing, etc. There is a minimum $850 BAIL to get out of JAIL which all goes to Jerry's Kids. Remember the Jerry Lee Lewis Telethon? Well now more of us will work to help Jerry's Kids because we now realize that they're not just Jerry's kids, they're our kids too. I want to do everything possible to help with this serious disease. This will help! Now here's the kicker. My Son, Rickey Jr graduates on the 23rd and I'm traveling to the the graduation. Thus, I do not want the graduation to hinder the support that you can I can be to Jerry's Kids. I am asking that you would send your checks payable to Mount Olivet Baptist Church, memo: Jerry's Kids, before May 19th. 141 Adams Street, Rochester, NY 14608. I want to be sure that the Cell in which I would be held will be fully supported and financed. Thank you so much in advance for helping this worthy cause!

No comments: