Thursday, December 25, 2008

Quartet Singing in Rochester

For those of you who know that I like quartet singing, I wanted you to see the type of programs that we have here in Rochester. This type of program reminds me very much of a Sunday night in Memphis. 01-01-2009 5:30 at Peace Baptist Church. 8 Oregon Street, Rochester, New York. Cost is Free - Its the Annual New Years Day Celebration. Featuring: Star Gospel Singers, Enlightening, Gospel Crusaders, Bells of Joy, Voices of Clouds, Children of God, New Gospel Times, Golden Light Gospel Singers, Bright Clouds and others. This town has as good of quartet singing groups as any other place I have been; saving Memphis. Memphis has so many heavy hitters until its hard to compare just yet.. So far I have only heard three groups who can stand up to Memphis and others places with no problem.. I love this kind of music. The thing about quartet is, anybody cant do it as opposed to choir... You can be taught to sing a choir song, but quartet has to be in your genetics... There is a soul that goes with it, that cant be taught... Well, This is where you will find me New Years Day; after my blackeyed peas... Im done with Chitterlings... That's just taking me back further than I want to go.... Everybody knows now that all that pork stuff is not good for you and continue eating it... Well, the buck stops here.. Im breaking tradition New Years Day.. No Chitterlings for me!

No comments: