Friday, December 5, 2008

OJ Simpson Sentenced

How no one seems to be affected or concerned or hurt over OJ's sentencing, beats me! I'm sorry but I am and have always been an OJ fan. I'm having a terrible time with the "sentence" today. I was so hoping for the "Juice" to get one more chance and thinking that this time he would have learned his lesson. Does he have problem? Something is terribly wrong and I have no clue what it is, but I sure hate to see him have to learn whatever lessons from behind prison bars. We were so there for OJ in the 1990's when he was in trouble. We were glued to the trial, we all hated Marcia Clarke and Christopher Darton for prosecuting OJ and we loved the late Johnny Cochran, F. Lee Bailey, and the dream team of lawyers for defending OJ to a "not guilty" verdict! And you would think that would be enough; but no! However, If I love you, I love you and I dont turn because a person makes bad choices! My real friends have been with me through thick and thin, sink or swim! That's the kind of friend I am! I'm not saying that OJ and I are/were friends, I'm only referring to my loyal commitment; when you get it once, you got it forever!
OJ is/was my guy; my first athletic hero. You remember the commercials of "Juice" running through the airports and doing the "Hertz" rental car commercials. The first athlete that many of us know to receive endorsements from major companies was "Juice." and the person who brought me into the game of football was "Juice." I have all three versions of "Naked Gun" where OJ played Detective Nordberg.
Was OJ off his rockers by continuing the negligent path that he was on after the 1994 acquittal? Of course! I just wish someone could have gotten to him and he would have come to Jesus and lived as one who appreciated God for the double murder acquittal... I hope for a successful appeal. The saddest part about this case is that we heard about it back in July, we all knew that OJ was going up for long time this time! Ray Charles could have seen that coming!

No comments: