Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mary's Little Lamb

A Little Lamb, the Great I Am, was born in Bethlehem. It was not incidental nor accidental that this Lamb would be born in a village about 5 miles south of Jerusalem. None of us would have heard of this little town had it not been for Mary's Little Lamb.
For years the Jewish Priest raised passover lambs in Bethlehem. Very special breeds of sacrificial lambs were raised and nurtured that they might be brought to Jerusalem and slaughtered at Passover. It was there where God's perfect Lamb, Jesus was born in a stable.
How fitting that a sacrificial Lamb would be born in a stable? Your destiny and the destiny of this world is wrapped up in Mary's Little lamb. Thank you Jesus!
Slaves would be delivered by this gentle, meek, humble, defenseless Lamb. A Lamb seems to present himself to the slagughter; a Lamb so mild; and God uses this Lamb to deliver Egypt. Egypt's symbol is a Serpent, and here will be a battle between a Lamb and a Serpent.
A defenseless Lamb against a venoumous, hissing, poisonous Serpent. Not just any Lamb, but a Special Lamb, one without spot or blemish, a Slain Lamb, the congregation of Israel would kill it in the evening, a Saving Lamb, the blood is on the doorpost, so that when everyone comes into the house they will come through and under the Blood and they will be saved. This Lamb is a Standing Lamb because Revelation 5:6 says there stood a Lamb, a Strong Lamb having seven horns, a Searching Lamb having seven eyes, and a Sovereign Lamb, He took the book out of the hands of the right hand of them that sat upon the throne.
The Blood of the Lamb saves;
Not Silver and Gold,
Not Rubies and Diamonds,
But ONLY the Blood of the Lamb saves!
Salvation does not come from the Life of the Lamb,
Salvation comes from the death of the Lamb, the Blood of the Lamb....
God says when I see the Blood of the Lamb I will pass over you!
Oh I have to quit now, because I cant see the screen for the tears.......
I know it was the Blood of the Lamb that saved me!
I was lost but now I'm found,
I was blind but now I see...

2 comments:

Dubya Dubya said...

Good Afternoon Rev. Harvey:

My name is Wanda Ware I have introduced myself to you a couple of times. I am Flora Ware's daughter and I was christen and baptized in Mt. Olivet. I would just like to tell you that your sermons have set my soul on fire. And yesterday's sermon was wonderful. I have noticed that your sermons carry me through the week, I find myself in a situation and remembering something you said that keeps me encouraged, strong and faithful. I must say it has been a long time since that has happened.
My mom is 82 years old and has dementia and she is my angel. She has been with me three years and it was very hard at first. I lost 3 jobs because I did not have day care or anyone that could help me long term for the times I needed. Or someone would start and stop because it was to much for them and I would have to quit my job again. I finally got her in a daycare program and I can work again. "Thank you Jesus". I love being her caregiver and bringing her to the church she loves so much. Although yesterday was a test and I started to keep her home because of the weather, she has vascular disease in her legs. But I put on her thermos and two pair of leg warmers and we came on and I am so glad we did. My mom was the Chairman of what once was known as the Social Service Committee of Mt. Olivet for over 35 years. Preparing Homecoming Dinners, Receptions, Coffee hours you name it. I learned so much from watching those older women cook in that old church kitchen from the 1960's through the early 1990's that I opened my own small catering business two years ago.
Yesterday when I introduced you to her, you said she looks like your mom. Well that is ironic because my mom has been a mother to many. She was a child care provider for over 50 years and raised 4 generations of children. Although I am her only child our house was never empty.
I just want you to know that I am so happy to have such a hands on minister like you. The fact that you called my mom twice the first week you were here made us feel very special. Also the fact that I can e-mail you a prayer request without having to e-mail T.D. Jakes, Eddie Long, Kenneth Copeland or any TBN minister is wonderful.
I am catering the Church Choir Xmas reception again this year so I pray you and your wife will get to taste some of my food.

Thanking God for you.
Peace and Blessings.
Wanda Ware, MOBC Usher

Dr. Rickey Bernard Harvey said...

I guess I'm hands on or "Cyberspace On" either way, I think you can connect with me.. in person or online....


thanks for visiting the Blog....
I appreciated seeing your mother...