Monday, December 15, 2008

Shoes at the President? No!!

I dont want to get on the Soap-Box of just feeling badly for everyone, and make you think that i'm just a softy and everything and everybody gets next to me, that's not the case. But throwing shoes at My President.... Man... That was like the worst ever. Look at him as he's ducking for dear life, dont know what is coming or even who... Once again that brought tears to my eyes to see such open, blantant, disrespect for leadership. Is it because of my leadership role that I hail leadership at such a high regard? Maybe not and maybe so, it really doesnt matter why one has respect for another, what matters is the fact that one does have respect for other. President George W. Bush is the current President of the United States of America and I hate to see people dog him out as so many are doing. President-Elect Barack Obama will get the office January 20th but until then, I fully respect our current administration, sorry Democrats and disgruntled Republicans; but I always have respected him because he has been the President for the last eight years. And somewhere like in Hebrews 13:17 it talks about obeying leaders, respecting them, etc.... I know if I ever expect to get respect as a leader then I have to respect my leaders... Please yall, No more shoes, and no more laughing about the shoes that have been thrown.

3 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Pastor Harvey,

This is a great post my brother. Thanks for giving us all something to think about.

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Wonderful post, in order to get we must be willing to give that which we wish to have. It takes great comviction to post what you did as many African-American Democrats probably disagree with what you said but it is true nonetheless.

Keep running,

Owens

Dr. Rickey Bernard Harvey said...

Hey, thank you man for visiting my Blog... Its such a great opportunity to get your point out all the way before its challenged! Blessings on the work that you're doing in South Bend.. I used to preach at St. John! :-)