Sunday, December 21, 2008

God is With Us

Isaiah 7:10 Moreover the LORD spoke again to Ahaz, saying, 11 “Ask a sign for yourself from the LORD your God; ask it either in the depth or in the height above.” 12 But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, nor will I test the LORD!” 13 Then he said, “Hear now, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.
Many who gather at the house of faith, are dealing with so much.
Many of you today are smiling, simply to keep from crying.
Many of you, if walls could talk,
Many of you have stories; that you work hard to keep private,
We are crippled with worry;
We are overcome by trial;
We are loaded down with depression;
We are troubled by tribulation;
We are captured by confusion;
because we have moved and made so many decisions without God.
We struggle many times, because we leave God out of the equation.
Oh what peace we often forfeit,
oh what needless pain we bear;
all because we fail to remember that “God is with us”
He is here for us and He is here with us.
What the devil meant for bad,
God is going to blow on it (whew)and make it for your good.

You’ve got to look the Devil in the eyes and tell Him,
You thought I wouldn’t make it, but I’m making it,
You thought I couldn’t take it, but I’m taking it,
You thought I would be dying, but I’m living,
You thought I would be stressed, but I’m chilling,
You thought that I would be weaker; but I’m stronger,
You thought that I would be broker, but I’m richer,
You thought that I would fail; but I’m on top,
You thought It would be over by now, but I won’t stop,
Because, God is with you,

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for thou art with me;

Hasn't God always been with His people?
Hasn't God always delivered His people?
Hasn’t God always brought you out?
Hasn’t God always made a way for you where there was no way?

Be not dismayed, whatever betide, God will take care of you,
Beneath His wings of love abide, God will take care of you,
No matter what may be the test, lean, weary one, upon his breast,
God will take care of you.

3 comments:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Dr. Harvey,

I received your response. It was very good hearing from you and I look forward to our friendship. This is a great post by the way. You are some preacher!!! Praise God for your ministry.

Dr. Rickey Bernard Harvey said...

Hello Dr McGhee.....
I am glad to hear from you really..
at your convenience holla...
Man I have 20' of snow in my yard...13" in my driveway again.. piles on the side where the snow plow has pushed it, up to 7' this is wonderful... of course you know this is my very first experience with snow...

If we dont get a chance to talk before Christmas, chatting is fine.. I hope you have a merry christmas and the Lord prosper you, and make his face to shine upon you, and give you peace...

Rickey

Anonymous said...

Pastor,
What a powerful message of assurance. It's comforting to know that GOD is with us even when we think he's not. Leading,Guiding, protecting,"WHAT AN AWESOME GOD WE SERVE".