Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Church Meeting

Well, I had my first church meeting last night and it was one of the best meetings, (church meetings) I have ever witnessed; maybe like a Corporate board meeting simply because the presenters were so highly intelligent, well prepared, and able to intelligently answer the questions that were presented from the people... Maybe because the people ask real genuine questions of concern and not questions just to hear themselves talk. No power-mongers, or folk trying to be seen. Was this different? You bet it was! .... Of course I'm the new Pastor and I have been a new Pastor five times, so I fully understand how the first church meetings can be better than the last ones, :-) but I also have done this long enough to tell authencity! I tell my friends and family everyday that "The Lord has blessed me with a good group of people; a Wonderful Church, a great ministry" and I am forever grateful to Him for uniting this people and pulpit together. Now stay with me..... Bloggers, If things should drastically change.... I'll tell you! Monday I had a Wake, Tuesday I had a Funeral, Wednesday I had a Church meeting, along with a meeting at Colgate Rochester Crozier Divintiy School with Dr Bay, the President of the Seminary. I started my regisration for the Doctor of Ministries Program today, first assignment is in April. Amen. Today, I have meetings starting at 1:00pm with my last meeting scheduled at 7:30pm. Tomorrow, Christmas Musical, Saturday Gideon Gathering, Sunday Worship, and of course a Quartet Program as a treat for myself. (Here I dont have to put a group together to hear quartets, Just tip in a number of churches on Sunday evenings and hear some of the best quartet singing in America) No kidding. I will tell you about some of the groups here later. Monday, I will be can found somewhere resting easy in the confines of my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor,
Thanks for allowing us (MOBC) into your inner those on so many issues of importance to you. I Have found your blog to be enlighting,funny, informative, etc... So glad to hear that you're pleased with your new "flock". We are "feeling" you too!!!! It's a match made in Heaven.

Anonymous said...

Excuse the typo, "thoughts", not "inner those"