Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting Weight Under Control

Oprah has it right this time with the weight thing. Everyone I know is seemingly having weight issues and this season is in no wise any help to what We are going through. I'm sure that Oprah suffers from much of what many of my colleagues and I suffer from; "On the Job Eating." This week alone, at least four different groups have had food at church and all of my appointments have brought food, and all of my meetings which have been many have been met with food and all of the gifts that I have received this week have been gifts of food. Now Oprah is up like 42 pounds over a period of time, I guess we're all up 42 pounds over some period of time. So, lets get a hold of ourselves and do better. You know you really understand why she wanted to walk off the stage so many times...I feel the same way; it feels like sometimes that everyone is saying, "Look at him" and not because he is or is not handsome, tall or short, light or dark, funny or serious, but because "He's Fat." Monique can talk about FAT being FUN and IN as much as she like. While she has capitalized on her sized, made a ton of money and TV shows about FAT being Fun; I personally think she's lying about the Fun part... It's not fun feeling stuffed and wanting to stuff yourself even while you're stuffed. Stop it Monique, You're lying! So the game plan is to join me starting January 2nd in not a diet, but a "Better Eating Program" Caring more and enough for ourselves to do something about these fat jaws, bulging stomachs, and more important the mental anguish that this Fat is doing to us and the diseases that we're more prone to because of being overweight! No sense in lying to ourselves, we know that we're killing on Christmas and New Years day so I'll begin talking about Weight more after Christmas, letting you know my progress, what i'm doing to get it under control and checking to see how you're doing! Believe Oprah, but you can miss Monique with that garbage about FAT is fun... How is it fun not being able to tie your own shoes? LOL

2 comments:

Dubya Dubya said...

That was funny, but so very true. I for one need some help getting my weight under control. As a person that sells food for a living I tend to be my own best customer.

Looking forward to it.

Wanda

Dr. Rickey Bernard Harvey said...

I'm struggling big time.. Dont think I can make it to January before joining the gym.. May hit the YMCA this week...