Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Throbbing Toothache

How I made it Tuesday night at the Gables Nursing Home with my choir is only with the strength and grace of God. Ok, the Dentist have been saying to me for over a decade that I have some teeth that need to come out! The mere fact that its been that long, is all the reason in the world that i didnt pay too much attention to them. I would simply get another Dentist, and they say the same thing.... but I refused to get a tooth pulled that wasnt hurting... Well, that booger is hurting so badly now that I can hardly see straight! My folks are trying to get me connected to a Dentist here in Rochester but right now everyone is closed until Monday. I accompanied my choir to the Gables Nursing Home Tuesday night and they brought the house down. A capacity filled room of Residents worshipped, wepted, waved, and expressed their gratituded toward God and for the nearly forty voices from Mount Olivet Tuesday, December 30th as they sang some eight songs or more. It was an awesome experience for me in two ways...Experiencing the worship which was wonderful and then dealing with the pain..... I thought I would pass out a couple of times; my tooth is aching, and my face is hurting, and dont laugh or say funny things about my face hurting, it is! I considered the Urgent Care, but got home ok and I'm making it on pain pills. When the Dentist in Rochester meets me, he/she wont have to beg me to get this tooth pulled... Pull it! Now! In the meantime, I'm resting today.... And Tomorrow!

2 comments:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

Pastor,

God is so amazing that even while we are in pain, God uses us to minister to other people in their pain. Take care of yourself as you are valuable to your church and community.

Keep running,

Owens

Dr. Rickey Bernard Harvey said...

hello Ray....
It is amazing that He even uses us period.. Im still amazed that hundreds of folks come to church every Sunday, knowing that Im on to preach...

God is good...
Be blessed....