Monday, January 19, 2009

National Baptist Convention

I will speak on Wednesday for the National Baptist Convention Mid Winter Board meeting in Nashville. This event will require your prayers.. It looks like one speech after another, Jewish Synagogue, MLK Jr Day, and Wednesday, NBC USA Inc speech. Now the interesting thing is, the flight lands at 9am and the service starts at 9am. I hope a few things. One, that the flight is on time, two, that the driver in Nashville is on time, three, that they get happy in the praise and worship piece and take their time so I will at least have a minute to breath upon arrival. I have been asked to serve as Keynote Speaker for the 30 year old Super Sunday Service at Mount Moriah East Baptist Church for Dr. Melvin Charles Smith at 7pm Sunday night. I will be glad to get to Memphis to check on my family and properties. Except for the timing, this works out very good for me! I have a couple of more speaking engagements this month, like in Senatobia Mississippi on a Tuesday night and Buffalo, New York on a Saturday morning. I hope that some of the men from my church will accompany me to Buffalo. Blue and Wade, smile! February comes and the schedule slows down tremendously! Just pray that the Spirit of the Lord is with me each time I stand, and that I never stand for personal gain or fame, but to share the engrafted Word of God and to either win or encourage some soul in the faith!

1 comment:

Ronald said...

You have my prayers pastor.

NLT 2 Chronicles 20:17 But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the LORD's victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out there tomorrow, for the LORD is with you!"

Sola Scriptura
Ronald