Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mid Winter Board Trip Off

To President William Shaw, and to the hundreds maybe thousands of folks that I would have been preaching to this morning, at the National Baptist Convention Mid Winter Board Meeting in Nashville, Tennessee at the Baptist World Center, and to the Preachers whom I would be fellowshipping with both today and tomorrow, I Blog now to ask for your forgiveness for my not coming to Nashville today. I am not totally sure why I am not going. Im not even sure if you believe or understand how the Spirit works with other individuals or not, but I woke up in plenty of time, finished my message for this afternoon, packed my luggage, and was prepared to leave, and the Spirit summoned me not to travel today. The last time this happened to me I was in the airport on my way to Orlando, Florida. I don't question it; rather I simply obey! Thus, I will not be in Nashville today. I will not be speaking for the Mid Winter Board and I am sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused! To my driver who was prepared to pick me up at the airport and rush me through the traffic to get to the World Center, Thank you too! Excerpts from the Mission Message that I would have preached are attached!
The Mission of the Church
Ephesians 1:22-23
The Church is the habitation of God through the Holy Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of the Great Commission.Each and every believer, or Christian, is an integral part of the church and has been given directives (orders) from our General and Chief Commander, God. We were not been redeemed to fill up a space on a pew.We were not been redeemed to escape the fires of damnation.We were not been redeemed just to bear the name of Christ. We were not been redeemed just to be carriers of the Holy Spirit. WE HAVE BEEN REDEEMED FOR A PURPOSE! That purpose is the mission of the church. As some might think, it is not a "mission impossible"; it is a "mission possible" through the power of the Holy Spirit. We must Exalt the Savior, Lift him up, Edify the Saints, Encourage one another, Brothers keeper, and Evangelize the Sinner, win the Lost to Jesus. We have been entrusted by God with much, and to whom much is given, much is required. God pours His spirit into us that we might become not just carriers of this gospel, but sharers of the word. God has purposed for us to: To seek and to save that which is lost, To worship Him and Him only, To build a body of believers in the image of Christ, The Mission of the Church is to: To be an agency of God for evangelizing the world.Evangelism is not to get the word out, but to let the word out.Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. The mission of the church is to A corporate body in which man worships God.You can tell where a person is with God by watching the way they worship.God has become the center of our affection. You got to love to praise Him, You got to love to lift your hands to him, You got to love to lift my voice to Him, You got to love to sing to Him,The Question is not "Do you have a voice?” The Question is “Do you have a song?”Psalm 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.Has the Lord put a song in your heart?Has the Lord put a praise on your lips?Has the Lord put a shout in your voice?Has the Lord put a dance in your feet?Has the Lord put a clap in your hands?A shout, praise, shout, dance, clap, the all make noise, let’s make some noise in here. We need to worship Him!
Jehovah Adoni – Almighty,
Jehovah Shalom – our peace,
Jehovah Ropheka – our healer,
Jehovah Tsidkeenu – our righteousness,
Jehovah Jireh – our provider,
Jehovah Nissi – our banner,
Jehovah Shammah – the present God
. Take a moment and worship Him right now! The mission of the church is to be an agency of God for evangelizing the world, The mission of the church is to be an agency of God for evangelizing the world, to worship God. When Jesus called the twelve disciples he said to them, “Follow me and I will make you to be fishers of men.”Becoming a Christian does not make you a disciple; you are a disciple when you begin to reproduce yourself. A Story about Lobsters goes here, that I will not share at this time simply because I have not preached it yet, it would have been fresh off the press in Nashville today.. After I have preached it, I will return to the Blog and include it! Oh, Its a mean piece, trust me! :-) After the story, I would have been closing well with the following piece! (smile)
Tell the World, that He lives,
Tell the World, that He's alright,
Tell the World, I found a Savior, He's sweet I know,
Tell the World, that He's a good God,
He's a wonderful Savior,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Im glad im able to join this wonderful community. [url=http://www.seomarketingservicesonline.com]Backlinks[/url]