Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rochester Newspaper

Wouldn't you know that I'm in the Democrat and Chronicle Newspaper today? That's like the Commercial Appeal in Memphis or the Arizona Daily Star in Tucson. I have the distinguished honor of being the keynote speaker for the 24th Annual Community-Wide Interfaith Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Celebration here in Rochester on Monday, January 19th at 8:45am at the Eastman Theatre, 28 Gibbs Street. While I have spoken for MLK Celebrations before, I count this as such a high honor in the city of Rochester as I have learned that most of the speakers have been the high powered folks from across the country and not local speakers. I guess its a couple of ways to look at that. I may not be fully considered a LOCAL speaker at this point, and secondly, the high powered people behind the MLK Jr Celebration are members of my church. LOL... So there you have it! It doesn't matter the reason, I an honored and humbled at the opportunity! As a result of this honor, I have a TV taping on Wednesday of which my personal Paparazzi will accompany me. (I have to tell you about my personal Paparazzi after I get this aching tooth out of my mouth) I can tell you now that it aint no joke, and its the real deal.. Don't think I'm just making something up now... OUCH..... A Sharp pain hit me somewhere... .I can't tell if its my tooth, my face, my head, or my eyes... maybe everything is hurting....You may be wondering why I up this time of morning.. One, I had to get some pain medicine one, and two, the house is quiet....and three, I know you will be here soon to see what's on my mind.. Ok.. Church was so good today! I love my church and they love me and its no question about it! I am most happy that my people are confident in knowing that I love them. That I do... Of course they could have found better preachers with more trimmings, you know education, bigger words, finer things, etc.. but they could would never find anyone who would love them anymore than I do.. I do love them unconditionally, but I also love them because they are WONDERFUL people who openly and consistently express their love for my family and me! I dont know what Tina was talking about when she asked, "What's Love Got to Do With it, Who needs a heart when a Heart can be broken...." Love has everything in the world to do with it; that is with Kingdom matters, and I guess thats not what Tina was referencing. Oh, did I tell you my son Rickey Jr sang a solo today... I was so proud of him. We got in the car and he wanted to beat himself up a bit for not doing his best; he counted the times that his voice cracked.. I'm like at least you can count the times you cracked, I crack so many times, I cant count them, and it doesnt bother me one bit, at this point, but I have been young and fully understand him. It was great, it was from his heart, he sounded good, he chose a wonderful song, and the church responded greatly! Amen.. Now if you saw me crying at church today, I am extremely moved when kids praise God, especially mine. I'm sorry, but that wears me and then I had to put him on the plane to leave me. He got on the plane at 5pm and called shortly after 11pm to announce his safe arrival. That's also another reason that I'm up.. A personal goal of mine from last 2008 was to do a recording in 2009.. I have one of the best choirs ever and happen to know one of the best song writers ever who knows the kind of songs that I can sing, as I get settled and get some of the weightier matters looked after, I may begin looking back into that recording situation. How does Reverend Rickey Harvey and the Mount Olivet Mass Choir Live" sound? Just as good as Reverend Clay Evans and the Fellowship Mass Choir if you ask me.... Well, dont start bugging me about that, yet, because we have so much other work to do, Inauguaration, Installation of Officers, Holy Week, Installation of Pastor, 2010 Church Anniversary Plans, but it is on the burner. Amen!

No comments: