Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Emotional Wreck

I am literally an emotional wreck today...So many wonderful things are happening in between Washington DC and Rochester, New York and with Mount Olivet and I'm just about to explode. My church doesn't know how I cry and I am doing well keeping my tears back but its getting harder as the days go by! It was so emotional watching our first African American man just a couple of years older than me, take oath for the Oval Office. How do you feel? Are you too in tears? Wow! Then, it has been quite moving to receive the reception from not only Mount Olivet but the city of Rochester.. The phone and emails have not stopped ringing...On top of that... The Inauguration Celebration that Mount Olivet is sponsoring at the Hyatt tonight is sold out... They brought me the finished program and I just lost it! Its absolutely beautiful. I have some of the most, if not the most, capable group of people who can take a generalized vision with minimum supervision and bring it into a reality within a given timeframe. This group of people (Mount Olivet Church Family) is what I needed, and I'm moved even more each time they tell me that I'm what they needed and we all know that without God we can do nothing, but with Him all things are possible. I'll see you at the Hyatt tonight.... If you were fortunate enough to get a ticket. If not; I'll see you when I see you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reverend Harvey I think the members of Mount Olivet need you more than you need them. Some of the members think they are better than others and think they have arrived. Some of the members also have a tendency to put on airs and act one way in front of you and another way when you are not around. This behavior has to stop and should be addressed. I was personally insulted at the inauguration ball but I still had my joy so it didn't really affect my experience. It was still a positive one because God is good.