Thursday, August 6, 2009

More Blogging when I wake up!

Ok....Ok..... Ok..... I know you're wondering what in the world is going on.. Where is our Blogger... Listen....Mount Olivet Baptist Church Rochester is soooo busy until Blogging time is limited this week; of course paper writing.... You know I'm in school again.... I love it.. Its just "Is what It Is" and that's a lot of reading and writing! So while im always online; most times i'm doing some research on "Transformational Leadership" or getting ready for a meeting! Let me tell you something that you may have not known... My sleeping habits were terrible when I moved to Rochester to become the tenth Pastor of the soon to be 100 year old Mount Olivet Baptist Church. Well, needless to say... My Church has completely healed me of my sleeping disorder. LOL As a matter of fact; its like the issue is reversed.... whereas I could not sleep now I can sleep Morning, Noon, and all Night... We work here.... The funny thing is I came to the Church in the Fall of the year when the Bible Studies were in Full Bloom.... and during that season, there is seldom a time of day or night when the church is not busy, classes, meetings, programs, fellowships, services, the works..... When the summer got here, and the Bible Study was no longer in session, I was like... OK....... take it easy! LOL... Oh NO.... That simply means gear up for another course....... like Festivals, Summer Bash, and VBS, I'm really telling my Blogging Friends that we have a Wonderful Church, that's very much alive and in every sense of the word, ALIVE and WELL....and I'm yet thankful to God for every person who is a member of the church, for all of the work that the church is doing, for every stride that it takes, every addition to the church, every service and all the activities.... This Church and I are like a hand - glove fit! It works.... No question about it..... Mount Olivet loves the Harvey family and the Harvey family loves Mount Olivet. We come home after every event, and generally talk ourselves to sleep talking about our wonderful experiences with Mount Olivet! When I knew I was leaving Tucson, I only asked the Lord for a Church that would love my family and me to the extent that we would know it and feel it... and one we could love to the extent the Church would know it and feel it! We got it! Amen Holy Ghost! We're gearing up for our
Revival Musical, Mount Olivet Mega Choir and The Voices of Clouds, September 20th
"In Christ Jesus, New Creature" Revival in September, 21st thru 25th
Dorothy Norwood Concert.... October 24th
Church 99th Anniversary....October 25th
Thanksgiving Service,
Christmas Cantata,
More to come!
When I wake up!
shurrrrr.....

No comments: