Friday, August 21, 2009

New Progressive COGIC - Rochester

What a great time we had at the New Progressive Church of God in Christ with Presiding Bishop James Wright and speaker, Bishop James Campbell. It's the 90th Convocation of the Churches of God in Christ for this area! Bishop James Wright's church was full from 7pm until long after 11pm, when the service was over. You actually didn't realize how long the service lasted. It was praise and worship and good preaching all night! Upon my arrival to Mount Olivet Baptist Church; Bishop James Wright befriended me immediately. We have enjoyed lunches together. He's got to be the most humble man ever to hold such a lofty position. I was born in Memphis; just a quarter of a mile from Pentecostal Temple Institutional Church of God In Christ pastored by the Bishop J.O. Patterson, Senior. Though I was too young to meet him personally, I knew and fully understood the magnitude of his position. I was fortunate enough to know Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson of Bountiful Blessings Church of God in Christ...If you knew him, then Bishop James Wright would put you in the mind of Bishop G.E.Patterson. After finishing my Sunday activities with Mount Olivet at Antioch for Pastor James Cherry and the Church anniversary, I will rejoin the New Progressive COGIC in their 90th Holy Convocation as they celebrate and honor Bishop Wright!

No comments: