Sunday, August 16, 2009

Rickey Harvey Throwbacks

You have seen nothing like this is your life.... I thought you might enjoy these throwbacks. I sure did as I ran across them in packing! Yep; packing again... getting ready to move. Of course I will tell you more about that as the time draws nearer! In the mean time enjoy my first thru fourth grade pictures. This is the way everyone went to school in my day. You had to look like Sunday School at Prospect Elementary School because Mrs Brooks, the Principal was a devout Christian, and so were all of my elementary teachers, Mrs Fouse, Mrs Davis, Mrs Donoho and Mrs Feaster. Often, Mondays started out with telling about what happened over the weekend with us, and for sure that had to include Sunday Church or the teachers were like livid.... "You mean you didn't Go to Church" LOL what a day that was! I'm so glad I came through when I did... Looks like I got in just in time, because shortly afterwards, there was no more discipline in the school (of course they could have taken that out when I was in school) even though I learned the system as My mother told you during installation, and never got a paddling until the last day of the nineth grade! Well... Now as you look, do you see a hole in my shirt, and how uncombed my hair is.....? Wow! I remember that day as though it was yesterday.. I loved that shirt though and was determined to take a picture in it! Now combing my hair was a problem. I was tender headed and would get out of the house as often as possible without combing it. Then later, the pressing comb came in style for Boys, (aka Blowouts) LOL I hope you enjoyed these!

No comments: