Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Yvonne, Rishard and I woke up in our city, Rochester and thanked the Lord for all that He is/has doing/done for us. For breakfast it was sweet potato pie and coffee. Unfortunately we have like a ton of sweet potato pies and the problem is, they are all from "excellent sweet potato pie makers."
Our church participated in a three church Thanksgiving Fellowship service this morning. Rishard and I arrived at 10:25 for what we thought to be a 10:30am service, just to learn that it actually started at 10:00am. I was met in the foyer by lots of Mount Olivet members because we thought it started at 10:30am. We caught the last half of devotion...
Three Church Fellowship? It seemed more like one church service with two other churches there to support the one church's service. Host church singing and preaching.... A good sermon by Interim Pastor Headman, I might add. "Please Pass the Salt" I thought it was an old Adrian Roger sermon, but as it turned out, it may have been an original. Well, I have the Adrian Rogers version. I do. I have preached many of his sermons, and I'm sure others have as well.
Antioch is on the verge of selecting a new pastor! It was announced that the three Church Thanksgiving Fellowship will be at Zion Baptist Church in 2009. Some said Mount Olivet, of course I dont know, but I do know where ever it is, we will all be there.. per James 4:15.
We didnt do a turkey today, rather, Cornish hens and dressing with the trimmings and iced tea, (we didnt have ice, so we filled our glasses with snow) is that safe? We had dinner like three times.... Watched TV... Slept, ate, Watched TV... talked.... laughed at the funny stuff that Rishard always does and say.....slept and ate... I'm up ten pounds... off to the gym again.. I felt like a stuffed animal in my suit today.... Now we plan to hit the stores tomorrow in this "Black Friday" thang. I rhink its more Green Friday. We will make a selection on a refrigerator today.. We dont have one, and decided to wait until "Black Friday" to purchase one...
Would you believe that our heat went out again today? Now I just paid $200 to get something done to this thing.... and we noticed tonight that the house was cold and the heat was not kicking in... so we will call the man back... No I'm not Joe the Plumber or Joe the Heater man!

No comments: