Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm Where I Am Supposed To Be

Church was good today. From the moment you walk in the door until you departed, you can sense a warmth and love that's flowing in the place and more importantly it feels so natural and right. It's no question that this is the Lord's doing and He is pleased and the Mount Olivet Family is pleased and so am I. We are loving how God is establishing us together. Mount Olivet is very patient with me and embracing the changes that are coming forth as well as encouraging change.
Those of us who have Pastored Baptist Churches for any length of time know that transitions can be very difficult! Not this one! It's the most comfortable of any transition yet! It's a very challenging work ahead of me I might add. Meetings all day and everyday. The people are so ready for the blessings that we all know that are ahead for our Church.
I got to hear the children's choir sing for the first time today. My men sing every Sunday. Mount Olivet's Male Chorus is one of the best ever. I'll join them with a song or 2 real soon. My Director of Christian Education and I visited the children's church and nursery today. It was interesting. Our church is suffering for space. We have one of the most beautiful sanctuaries ever, actually two but are very limited in classroom, and other ministry areas. I will look at the plans this week for new facilities and we will have a shovel in ground soon.

No comments: