Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rochester New York's Weather

When I left the desert coming to beautiful Rochester, New York, I knew exactly what I was doing, where I was going and the type of weather I was coming to. I came so looking forward to the four seasons and the snow and the beautiful fall leaves that met me here upon arrival, and what a site this city is. Rochester is actually having much warmer weather than I anticipated and its causing me not to know how to adequately dress. The word here is "Layers". Rochester people dress in layers. You leave home in the morning with shirts and sweathers and as the day progresses and it warms up you take off a layer as needed. Well, I have had to "unlayer" because the real cold weather hasn't come yet! I know you folks from Arizona are looking at the pictures and thinking that it cant get any colder than that! Nah....! That's nothing... You have a beautiful snow overnight or even during the day and I have already seen it snow all day for a couple of days, but by no means is it anything less than beautiful. Yvonne, Rishard and I have already agreed to do as the folk here do, get out in the snow and do our thing! Friday night we were out in what would be called a "big snow" in Memphis and a "Double Facto Shut-Down the Town Blizzard" in Tucson, but here, the streets were full, restaurants, stores and malls were full... and we were out taking pictures and having a ball.... Stay posted, I'll tell you if it gets worst, but for the moment, it's wonderful!

No comments: