Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My New Lawnmower

Now this is totally different for me! I have not had my hands on or my legs behind a lawnmower in over a decade. In Tucson, I'm not even sure if they sold Lawnmowers.... If so; It would be like trying to buy a water hose in Rochester in the winter time. I thought that was funny! Water hoses are seasonal items here. A man knocked on my door the other day asking to cut the grass. Obviously the grass has reached proper cutting height when folks knock on your door...When the man told me $75 to cut the grass.... I'm like, do the math! While its true that I dont really have the time, $75? The grass only needed mowing, not plowing or seeding or sowing or the sort..... I'm like no sir! In Tucson, you pay $75 maybe once a season for someone to come by and clean your rocks, pull weeds, wash the patio, prune the trees, and then haul all of whatever garbage or brush they gathered. I'm cutting grass again! Neighbors were like looking at me as if its strange to cut your own grass or something. I'm like; I'm not paying the neighborhood Lawn-man to cut my grass... and they're like just starring at me..... .I'm like, what are yall looking at??

1 comment:

jo said...

I think that you should take pride in cutting your own grass just like you took pride in taking care of your chickens. I see it as taking care of one big plant. Many of us remember when we didn't have any grass, just dirt and so I love have a part in making my lawn the best in the neighborhood. Besides,as you commune with nature, you can burn those extra calories that people keep pushing your way!!! LOL