Monday, April 20, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Hello all of my Blog friends.... I know you've been looking for me here... It has been some kind of Month. As you know this month was the closing of a series of Lent Services, Holy Week and Resurrection Sunday, coupled with a State Congress and a Funeral. Today I am working with a family getting ready for a Thursday or Friday funeral. We really have to think through on the Saturday funerals... A Saturday funeral more or less paralyzes the Church... There are so many many many activities going on at Mount Olivet on Saturday until it has to be dire necessity to shut out the church for a funeral or other activity. Thus, the aim is Friday at the latest, with meeting the family's need the priority above everything. Well, I am resting somewhat, feeling good, and anxious about the work ahead for us! Let me tell you about yesterday at church with my "Sound System." To say that it was terrible would be putting it light. For some reason my Technicians could never get the system to work...Mikes were squealing some awful. But we made it through with a good day.... Had a the most beautiful Baby Dedication ever with the Denis/Davis Baby Boy! The entire family was dressed in White.. It was nice. I may have a picture soon to show you. The Baby was present to the Lord and Pulpit Tables were presented to the Church. Amen. Now I will no longer suffer in my pulpit. The way my set up was prior, water, mints, tissues, etc were set on the bottom of the pulpit, and you would almost have to get on your knees to get it. Needless to say, I just never did the water thing in the my new pulpit. God is good. Gotta run... Really got other things to Blog about and pictures to post, but I have to get to the funeral home shortly.

No comments: