Tuesday, April 21, 2009

1970 Skylark Buick

Out West people were into Second Homes and Time Shares and Old Cars. The folks who are so called doing ok have one, both or all three. I bought this 1970 Skylark Buick shortly after getting to Tucson in 1998 or 99... somewhere like that... Fixed it up to where it is now.. Really enjoyed the Buick Car shows.... Which is the one it could compete in best. A couple of times I won Best Sedan of the 1970 Class.... My daughter drove it every Summer and there is now evidence on the car that she did. I'm not sure if I will continue to play with the Old Buick anymore... I'm not sure if the salt is off the streets or not! I'm not sure if there are Car Shows here.... I'm not sure if I want to repair the damages that were done to it in Walmart last year.. I'm not sure if folks are into Old Cars here. You dont see a lot of old cars on the street... I have not found an "Old Car Club." Maybe as the Spring and Summer get in a few oldies may come out of the garages. I need a good mechanic for this car; bout like needing a good Doctor for my Body! I'm not sure if you can get parts for it on the East Coast. I bought this car to keep the miles off of my Jaguar.. The Jaguar died of timing chain failure and bad engine in the middle of the street last February and the 1970 Skylark continues to puur.... It also means a three car garage to store it, upkeep, and not driving it may be too much! May take it to Memphis and leave it there. Now dont think it wont go to Memphis... I drove it to Memphis and left it while I was attending school there; flying home every week.. It was my transportation when I got to Memphis and drove it back across country with no problem. Now anyone could not drive a car like that across country. You do have to pamper it. Check your oil and fluids each time you stop for gas. That kind of thing, but to hit the road and run it 75 and 80; even today with a good servicing is no problem. And It now has New York State tags... Car Clubs? Chicken Clubs? I guess you're wondering what other Clubs were I apart of. I will tell you soon! Looking for the pictures!

No comments: