Monday, April 20, 2009

Brother Milton Lewis

Brother Milton Lewis was at Church on Easter Sunday too. Now he's gone to be with the Lord. We're planning his homegoing service today. His folks have made it to town and arrangements are underway. Now, there is a kind of first with Brother Lewis too... Nothing like J.R. but there are some memories here. When I got off the plane as Pastor of Mount Olivet Baptist Church I had already before landing received word that Ms Wendy Rose and Ms Ophelia King had been in the hospital in between my candidating and being elected. So I got off the plane going to the hospital and to homes to visit my folk that I had met and were sick by the time I got back. While I dont remember Milton Lewis during candidates weekend, When I got my first Sunday Diaconate Communion List, Brother Milton Lewis' name was on the list. So he is one of the first members that I called on the phone as new Pastor of Mount Olivet and I do remember how gracious and blessed he and Mrs Lewis seemed to be that the New Pastor was already making phone calls. They returned to Church shortly afterwards and introduced themselves to me, and Brother Lewis expressed his appreciation for the call... I will talk more about that in the Eulougy. I have to get with my Communications Ministry. I want a "Precious Memories" page on our website so that we can continue to remember the precious people of Mount Olivet after they are gone on to be with the Lord. Now tell me....Is that morbid or no? I think it to be a wonderful idea. What's your honest opinion. You can blog it to me, email it to me, or call me at the church and tell me. I guess the question would be; How far do we go back....? I say we start at My Administration or we would have to go back to the inception of the Church. To that end... we want a "New Members" page on the site as well.... We are not just dying around here, we are living and giving birth to new disciples daily!

No comments: