Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Sisters

Today is two of my sisters birthday. Patricia Scales and Jennifer Harvey are both celebrating birthday on this 20th Day of April 2009. Jennifer turns forty-one (41) today. She is like four years younger than me. I was really supposed to be the baby. Let me tell you the story, My version of it anyway. My mother had seven children before me, and none of them were really what a mother would hope for in a child....Then I was born.... and My mother was so pleased with me for years... until she said....never again... "I finally got me a wonderful baby... so I will just let that do..." She thought. Well.. she was so pleased with me, her eighth (8th) child until she said.. .what if I had another one, and he or she turned out as wonderful as Rickey.... So she and Popa..... You know... and Cookie was born four years later... Well... Cookie turned out to be just like the first seven... left me as the only good child..... So Moma said never again... While Cookie is four years younger than me, Patricia was like grown when I was a little boy. I'm not sure how old she is or if I can even count that far. All I know is when I was a little boy she was like in High School, kind of thing. She kept us, made us mind, spanked us kind of thing. Anybody that spanked you was considered grown and old...in those days... Patricia also is a Cancer Survivor. God has richly blessed her... Over a decade ago when I was pastoring in Memphis, Pat was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.... and Geesssh.... It was something for all of us to go through. But her faith and trust in God and tithing, and never giving up, brought her through. And today she's healed, delivered and set free. So here we go....
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Pat 50+ and Cookie 41,
Happy Birthday to you.....
May the Lord Bless you,
May the Lord Bless you,
May the Lord Bless you,
May the Lord Bless you...
And both of them will have my head when they see me! LOL
That's the good thing about having your own BLOG...
You can say what you want....LOL

1 comment:

Pastor A. A. McGhee said...

Happy Birthday to both of your sisters. Took a lot of courage for you to tell their ages. I hope they go easy on you. LOL.