Thursday, July 2, 2009

Upper Marlboro Maryland Trip

This trip started off hard. I drove from ten at night til five in the morning with only one stop to get to Upper Marlboro Maryland. No problem, right? Wrong! We reached our destination at five a.m. and I was in the bed like 5:30.....Problem..... We had like an 8:00am Tee time scheduled at the Presidential Lakes Golf Course; the second finest public golf course in the state of Maryland. 18 holes too. So; I get up, go play as best as I could under those conditions; somewhere between terrible and fair.... It was best ball; and I had a few best balls from the Drive, the second, third and putt. That's not really a terribly hard thing to do on 18 holes...Then it was time to leave the course, get back to the house, rest a bit and hit the road again at 4:00am. It was pouring down raining and I wasn't about to let Rickey Jr or Yvonne drive in the rain around the hills and mountains.... So I head out in the rain, driving like a Trucker, but as soon as we were fairly free of the hills and the rain slacked, I was totally out of it... That's where a truck like Expedition or so comes in handy... Now for sure; those SUV's are by far the best traveling vehicles ever..Especially with few people so you can stretch out and rest.... Regardless of the gas prices; I hope to always own one for that purpose alone...You just cant beat them on the road.. So I got a nap for about two hours and I was up and at the rest of the way! Sometimes two good hours will do a world of good! By the way; driving to Maryland is an easy drive on a dry day! So is driving to West like to Chicago, South Bend, Detroit.... Just straight, no hills highway.... Hills going to Maryland, but no problem... You just have to watch out for the deer.

No comments: