Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flying Just Isn't Fun

My first flight was in April of 1988 to Los Angeles from Memphis to preach at Evangelistic Baptist Church for youth events.. Flying was wonderful back then. All of my family took me to the airport and walked me to the gate and stood there waving as I was getting on the plane... Then they stood in the window and watched the plane from taxi to take-off.. No security, you could take anything that you could carry on the plane.... Now; long story short; its all together different. You just about have to strip, although I must admit, security is loosening a little bit from what it was shortly after September 11 in New York City.... Rishard and I had to take off our shoes, empty our bags, and walk through security.... as we waited on our plane in Phoenix that would take us to the wild and crazy JFK Airport in New York City.... That was such a long flight.. It so much has to do with when we return to the WEST Coast.. Four + hours of flying is a lot of time to be in the air.... For me that is.. I know many of you are frequent "Out of the Country" flyers.. I'm not! Airports are so crazy... At least Delta will give you those wonderful Biscoff cookies that I love so well... Be good... Talk to you soon!

No comments: