Friday, July 24, 2009

A Mount Calvary Tucson Moment

I returned to Tucson, Arizona on July 21st 2009 for the first time since leaving permanently in October 2008. It was such an experience. It felt like I was returning to my real home; Memphis, Tennessee where I was born and raised. Whenever I go to Memphis, after being gone for almost 12 years; there is always some type of reception, plenty of breakfasts, luncheons, and dinners; always more than my short schedule can accommodate. Going to Tucson was no different and for some reason I was not surprized. It was a memorable decade served in both places and I'm thankful to God that as He as moved me from place to place He allowed life long relationships that were established through ministry to last forever. Life is designed to build bridges and not burn them. You never know when you may have to cross it again. I will never forget the precious times spent in Arizona; thus I have forgotten every tough, hard, or painful time. Why? It's not necessary to store foolishness, pain, and hurt in your heart. Love people, forgive people, do justly and show kindly affection to others and it will come back to you! Just look! Not only will it come back but; DOUBLE, as it has happened to me with the wonderful church family, friends and people in good ole Rochester, New York, where the grass is green, the flowers are blooming, the people are outside, the air is cool and fresh, and the water is blue, and the Lord is good! :-)

3 comments:

Leroy J. said...

You receive blessings by being a blessing

Anonymous said...

Again a good post. Thank your friend

Anonymous said...

It agree, very useful phrase