Monday, June 8, 2009

Papers are Done

Can you believe I had 4-5page papers to turn in to Dr. James Evans today at Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School. We had a great day at Church yesterday. Went to dinner afterwards; came home and sat up until like 4:ooam writing papers.... Papers on books like:
"Whose Religion is Christianity"
"Out of the Depths"
"On Human Worth"
"Crossing the gods"
"The Dignity of Difference"
"In the Name of Identity
"

Actually a total of fifteen books... It really was a brutal assignment. I guess that's what the Doctoral Program is supposed to be like. Now to tell you the truth; the reading was wonderful once I feel into that zone! Folks who have been with me especially when I was on the road; know what that "ZONE" is..... That's when the "anointing" falls fresh upon me! I can write a paper, sermon, song or anything else once the Spirit of the Lord takes control... I know you may think that to be a little unusual for school work..... It is so! I rocked those papers out....Usually it could have been done quicker, but the reading was actually good reads. Now dont think I'm not tired behind a wonderful day at Church yesterday..... Our Church is just wonderful... My folks are the greatest......One person said in Seminary once, "Never let your folks know how much you love them, they will think you need them and give you a hard time...." Now if that isn't the craziest thing ever.... I love my Church with a Passion.....and either they "Love me" or they're great actors. I think the first to be true! Thus; I am tired....and will be in the bed at 7:30 this Monday night! Oh I have to call Monique Lattimer first..... then I'm going to bed!
Yvonne and Rishard are in South Carolina.... Rickey Jr and I have the house...and honestly; we have not hit a lick at a stick... No dish washing, bed making, or anything.... Not until Wednesday! Oh; I will need a good inexpensive housekeeper Wednesday morning! Now I do miss that! You can't find housekeepers here like you could in Tucson. There you saw signs on every other telephone post for Women looking to do housework.... Generally these were well trusting hispanic women; that would come in and do a great job! I have not seen one sign from someone here looking to do housework..... Oh...Now rule number one... Do not allow members of your Church to come into your house to clean...... Dont want folks who know me seeing my underware on the side of the bed.....socks on the floor.....suit hanging on the stairwell.....shoes still by the door....

No comments: