Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lake Presidential Golf Course

While I dont really care to drive on the road too much, I can do it. We stopped a couple of times; you know... hey no big deal....not on the clock. Reached our Upper Marlboro Destiny at 5:01am Friday. Cool. But I forgot I had agreed to play golf with my "Brother-in-law" (you know you got brothers and sisters and inlaws that are not really family, but closer than family, this is one of those cases) Richard. I have two Richards, so dont get them confused. Upper Marlbor-Richard and Memphis-Richard. So, I laid down for like an hour or so and we went to what is known as the second most beautiful golf course in the state of Maryland; Lake Presidential Golf Course, 3151 Presidential Golf Drive, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774. Coming from Arizona, the areas where Tiger Wood, Jordan, Barkley and so many other celebrities frequent golf courses, its hard to really be impressed any more by courses. This one was impressive. How well did I do....? I know you're waiting. Well listen, it was a tournament, Bern Nadette Stanis - Thelma of Good Times was the visiting Celebrity, very expensive to play. I played the first few holes with as much energy as the other three playing with me, Dr. Richard Kennedy, Dr Joseph, and Rickey Jr. It was Best Ball...We actually started from hole number 17. I think thats called Scramble... I had the best Drive a few times, best second and third shot a few times and made the Putt for the team a time or two. We started out only Parring, but later wound up with some Bogies.. We had a lot of fun...nice photo ops....great BBQ luncheon afterwards....

No comments: