Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Up and At it Today

Im up early today getting ready for what should be another productive day! Yesterday was a good day! Actually all of my days are good days! Its good to be alive, healthy, happy, and living for the Lord. Without sounding self-righteous or bragging in any sense, you know that I am alive, I am very happy, and by all means living my life for the Lord to the best of my ability; Rising and Falling as the old folks say! Now it is time for my family and me to find a Good Black Family Doctor here in Rochester and get a good physical! I hate the new way of medical help now. You have to run all over town to get a physical. My first Doctor in Memphis office did everything. That was years ago before the HMO, PPO, CEO, GEO, and OOO's became a part of the health plans. Well, enough of that, I need a good Doctor, and preferably a Black Doctor. Please dont email me and tell me that "there are no good Black Doctors in Rochester" as folk did when I was looking for a Dentist, and I found one who was absolutely great. Now if you can get the tooth out of the mouth and get the mouth back together without the patient hurting and in a timely and gentle matter, what more do you want out of a Dentist! I'm looking for the same in a Doctor. Anyway, I started off to tell you about my day! I hope my sermons are not running off on tangems as did this blog! Mercy me! I am attending an 8:30 meeting this morning with the AME, AME Zion, CME, and a couple of Baptist Pastor's who are around my age to discuss Lent Services. That should be pretty interesting! Unfortunately we are meeting at a resturant and since returning from Memphis last week, 2 of the 6 pounds that I worked so hard to get off have returned! Thus, I'm having Oatmeal w/brown sugar, and coffee or juice! That's pretty typical for my breakfast. Folks call me from abroad just about everyday when they look at the news, I guess, and see Rochester weather, to ask "how is my family coping with the snow?" Do they not realize that folks here just get up and do what they have to do, without discussing the weather. I believe that the folks who dont live here worry about Rochester weather far more that Rochesterians. Put your Johns on and go! I will say this, "I have never had a drawer full of Long Johns as I do now! That's different! But to that end, and thank you for your concern, "We are doing great!" Not one time have we not gone somewhere because of the weather! Oh, sorry, We cancelled the Christmas musical because a snow storm hit on a Friday and the musical was scheduled on Friday nite.... I mean, come on now; you do what you do! Memphis wanted to fire their new School Superintendent from the East Coast who didn't close the City Schools the day I was there, because the city had like 1/100th of an inch of snow! President Obama is wondering what's up with DC closing schools for what he calls no reason at all as it pertains to weather. Perspectives are something that we all have to realize! Six months ago, I would have frozen stiff in 30 degree weather. Today 30 degrees is a warm front! It's Perspective!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"perspective"...that'll preach!!