Friday, February 27, 2009

Lent Season Commitment

Now I know that this is not the season to let folks know what you're doing in terms of commitments and all but also I know that what you do can encourage others. So I am telling you simply for the sake of encouragement. I have given up meats and breads for Lent. This is Day 3 of forty so I also tell you so that you can encourage me! I weighed in Monday morning at 215.6. This morning which is three days later at 213.4. Remember I told you at the close of the year that I was going to get this weight thing under control and never did! It is just rediculous how I picked up weight so fast upon arriving to Rochester. But you have to know Mount Olivet Baptist Church eats at almost every meeting, Bible Study, after church, and before church. Now I'm on to it and moving right along. As soon as I am done with this Blog I'm heading to the gym. My breakfasts have been Oatmeal, grapefruits, juice and coffee. Lunch has been like Caesar Salads with no meats, nuts and water. Dinner last night was; check this out, Portabella Mushrooms cooked in Olive Oil and a cup of bean soup. Now you need to know that the Portabella cooked right taste like a good piece of meat. So I will get more of them. They are much better simmered in a nice wine. I went to get a bottle of wine and saw one of my members getting out of the car going into the liquor store as I was pulling up so I just eased on away. You could never make folks believe that you were getting a bottle of wine with which to cook. Of course I would not have thrown the excess away; but simply decided that I didn't need any stories starting on me yet! You know someone would be glad to say, "I saw Pastor Harvey going in the Liquor Store." Generally that doesn't bother me; but I decided against going in for some reason. In Tucson, all of the Grocery Stores, Walgreens, Gas Stations, and Walmarts sold liquor so there was never an issue with getting your cooking wine! I'm not sure about Target. Did they sell it too? I'm laughing myself now! Anyway get back on track, Portabella Mushroom simmered slowly in Caesar Dressing and wine is a wonderful dish. Today I will do Grapefruit for breakfast, I'm going to Unlke Moes for lunch; which will be 2 cups of lima beans and a cup or 2 of collard greens. May have ice tea. You have to remember, this is not a diet, just an altared eating style. Now here is my delemma, I have a dinner invitation both March 1st and March 8th immediately after Church. March 8th wont be as difficult as March 1st because its at a Restuarant where you can order what you want. March 1st is one of those throw down, country styled, moma's kitchen, kind of deals and this will be the test. What will I do? I will tell you after dinner. And no, this is not an occasion to pray for me; I can handle this one!

No comments: