Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

           
It's December 25th, Christmas Day 2013 is here. Father God we thank you for baby Jesus. During the course of life, we learn to appreciate and love and honor and worship Jesus Christ more and more. The true meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Jesus. We give gifts as a symbol of the wise men bestowing gifts to Christ on his day of birth. We come together to worship his birth much like the ones who gathered at the stable. The actual date that Jesus was born is irrelevant, what matters is that we have a specific date to celebrate his birth. We share our happiness, love, and caring with others like they did when He was born. The Christmas tree lights represent the stars in the sky and, of course, the angel on the top is the angel who proclaimed Christ's birth and the star symbolizes the star the wise men followed. 
 Yes, Lord! Yes Lord, from the bottom of my heart, to the dept of my soul, Yes Lord, Completely Yes, My soul says Yes! And Lord I love you, I love! You have been the rock upon which I have had to stand upon this year like never before in my life! And you have been there for me when I felt like no one else was there! Cassietta George said it best when she said, "You were there all the time.!" Yes you were
         I say to all of my returning Blog readers, Merry Christmas. And thank God for Jesus. Do you remember when the old folks used to say, Thank God for Jesus? Wow, How well I do and now I too, "Thank God for Jesus." Also, I Thank God for family. Love your family, at the end of the day, that's all you have. I Thank God for my Church. I have a wonderful congregation. One wonderful group of people. Of course I have some people who are challenging! But so did Jesus when He was here on earth. 
      Christmas brings people together. It is a time to give thanks, gifts, smiles, rejoice in song, love, care about each other, we help the poor and many donate toys for children who would not otherwise have any Christmas at all, and we forget about the rat-race of work, bills, and other worries. 
It is a time for peace, reflection, and celebration with our families and friends. 
And if for some reason you have no friends or family, then celebrate Jesus' birth and your life.
And if you don't believe in Jesus, celebrate your life because it is worth something to someone. 
Merry Christmas to each and everyone one of you! May it be the best you have ever had!    
          
             

No comments: