Thursday, December 19, 2013

Inez Andrews "Passing" Anniversary

Rickey Jr and I having what would be our LAST SUPPER with the Iconic Inez Andrews in Rochester, NY
Bloggers I'm back after a long absence. Today is an emotional, happy and sad day for me. It is the anniversary of the passing of my dear godmother Inez Andrews. I loved Inez Andrews to life and she loved my family and me the same. Very seldom, I think that it happens in a lifetime that you have a person of whom you can tell everything and trust them unconditionally. Inez Andrews was one of those people in my life! It was nothing to call her late at night or very early in the morning. She would wake up, set you out for calling her, and then be all ears for you with the most Godliest wisdom ever. 

Lagretta, Gail, Richard, Mark, Wendell, Sue, and Casey.... I know you miss your mother. She was the Rock in the family! Just remember all the wonderful counsel that she gave to you as she was mothering you; Sometimes even from the road as she traveled abroad sharing her ministry with the world. She was never too busy to be there for you!  I pray that we will all gather on South Horne Street in Chicago one of these days and listen to her music, eat, laugh and have a precious and invaluable time remembering MOM just as she was. I still hear her as she called and said, "Harvey, wake up, I got something for you and I want you to preach it." I said, "What is it Moma?" She said, "Lord I don't want to, but I will."  Then she went on to put meat on that subject. "Lord I don't want to turn the other cheek, but I will, Lord I don't want to love my enemies, but I will, Lord I don't want to pray for the folks who spitefully use me, but I will."  

The only way I could get her to eat in the hospital during her last days, was prepare the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and broccoli and prepare to give it to her on the fork.... She said, "I don't want it"  I said, Moma, Remember what you told me.... "Lord I don't want to" and she finished it by saying, "but I will." And she ate all of her food.  When I got the call from Lagretta telling me that Moma Inez had passed, and that I would have to come to Chicago as soon as possible, I found myself saying, "Lord I don't want to but I will."
Rest in peace, Moma Inez (High Priestess) Andrews." 

No comments: