Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Wee Hour of the Morning Moment

Wow! Blogging friends... I had no idea that five whole months have past since I last spoke to you via the Blog. It's hard to imagine also that the BLOG has gotten nearly 17,000 views. But when I was Blogging daily it was getting over 100 views a day. Where have I been? Well, from January to March, I was back and forth in Memphis seeing about my sick brother Morris. Seeing about him; simply meant being there at his house or by his side in the hospital. It was really nothing that my siblings or I could really do. That would wind up being the most difficult time of my life. My brother was dying. It was nine of us and my brother was dying. Oh my gosh that was hard. That is hard. Its so hard. I got up this morning like 3:00am and went outside, stood on the deck looking toward heaven-ways with tears flowing like a river. I had no clue as to what to say to God, but only asked that He would help my sister-in-law, niece, nephews, mother, siblings and me as we are yet moaning the loss of our loved one. We all have to transition from this life to life eternity! God loves us all. He cares. He's yet loving and full of compassion and mercy. God will never leave us nor forsake us. God with outstretched hands says, I will come in and sup with you. God will give all who grieve losses of loved-ones the strenght to carry on! But in the mean time... Lord.... While you are healing, while you are coming, while you are strengthening.... I understand life now in a way that only this death could have taught me. Family is important. There is a connection there. Blood it is.. And nothing breaks that connection. Neither distance nor disputes shall be able to separate you from the connection that binds you together. Oh well.. the good thing is that I also know now that I dont have to wait until I die to see Junior again. I have so many dreams NOW that brings us right into each other's presence. And the presence is so real and so true and so us. Have you had a dream lately that brought someone and you into each other's presence? Is that not a dream to treasure? From the latter part of March to mid April there was preparation for what would be our biggest Holy Week of Sacrificial Worship yet here in Rochester. I lead a couple of Church Leadership Conferences; one in January; one in March that would start us down a path of "transformation." May and June have been meeting after meeting while writing my Doctoral Thesis at the same time. We had so many funerals from January to May that it was unreal. Things have slowed down a bit now and there is a since of relief among all of us now. A lot of people are sick and shut-in, especially in my congregation. I am in an "Old Testament" class now.... writing my Thesis.... leading the church.... taking care of my family in Rochester.... praying for my Son as he grows his "Custom Tailor" business... praying for my daughter as she prepares for life after four years at Jackson State University....praying for my middle son as he enters into ministry... (its so different now than from when I started twenty-five years ago) "I hear you Oprah.... praying for Yvonne and me as we raise our baby in our old age! :-) Well..... Believe it or not.. having a chance to tell you that I was grieving so hard and in so much pain has made me feel better. Knowing that you care enough to read this; is so comforting. You really do need people. You need love and a support system and knowing that people are praying for you... and that God is yet there! Good night folks..... or Good morning....

No comments: