Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Does God Know All Things?

I'm sitting in an Old Testament Class at Colgate Rochester Crozer Divinity School... It has been suggested in the class that God may not know everything. Can you imagine? All of my life I have been preached to and taught that God is Omnisicient; meaning All Knowing.. I have heard and been made to believe that God knows ALL....God knows the number of hairs on your head..
God knows the the past, present and future...
God knows the strength of the hurricane....
God knows the speed of the tornado....
God knows the terror of the earthquake...
God knows the power of the volcano...
God knows the number of stars in clouds at night...
God knows what you have need of before you ask....
Listen to me.....While
Job 42:2 says; No thought can be withholden from God...
Psalm 44:21 says, For God knoweth the secrets of your heart...
Psalm 139:7-8 says, whether shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there. If I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.


Proverbs 15:3 says, The eyes of the Lord are in every place...

Now all of the scriptures are in line with my life long theology of God.

Now please consider the scriptures below which suggest that God may not know everything!

Genesis 3:8 says, Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of God..amongst the trees int he garden.

Genesis 4:16 says, and Cain went out from the presence of God...

Genesis 11:5 says, and the LORD came down to see the city and the town...

Genesis 18:9 says, God ask, where is Sarah thy wife?

Genesis 32:27 says, God asked, What is your name?

Deuteronomy 13:3 says, God proveth you, to know whether you love him

Job 1:7 says, God says to Satan, From whence cometh thou?

Hosea 8:4 says, ....they have made princes and I knew it not....

Now hear this......

God suffers.... because of us...

God suffers.....for us....

God suffers....with us...

No comments: