Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day






























Many outstanding Christian Men have contributed to my life and well-being as only a Father would and could do. I must be 0ne of the most fortunate African American Men in America to have had the close ties of so many men GREAT PREACHERS who thought it not robbery to make life lasting impacts in my life in my early early yesrs. Some of them have gone on to be with the Lord in the natural. In the spirit; they never die. Their works, word and witness yet live through me and others whom they invested their life. I am who I am because these men were and are who they were and are. It takes a good seed to produce a good seed. Matthew 7:18, A good tree cannot bear bad fruit not can a bad tree produce good fruit. I'm fortunate to have come from good trees. Men who loved God, loved their wives, loved their children, loved their churches, loved their lives and loved good living. I have come from a lineage of pastors who cared for their churches. They were not afraid of anything and anybody. They knew that "Right" ALWAYS prevailed... They taught me to do the right thing, think the right thing, preach right, live right and treat my family and church right. Are there any Fathers of such in 2011? Are there any Christian Men who will embrace younger men and mold them into manhood? Can you still do that in 2011? I traveled a million miles with these pastors. You didnt hear of the harmful things happening as you do today! I say to many young pastors today; "I'm glad I got in when I did." I have been in for 25 years now... It's so different. It's so much harder today than it was when I started. It's so less fun than it was when I started. And to think that these guys did it for 30 and 40 and even 50 years..... Whew.... How? I dont know.. But they did. AND... I'm glad that I have their DNA running through my veins... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.. especially to those who have participated in me being the FATHER that I am. Pictured above: J. Alfred Smith (Oakland), James Netters (Memphis), James Tucker (Oklahoma City), R.W. Mclendon (Detroit), William Bunton (Buffalo), J.L. Payne (Memphis), Kenneth Whalum (Memphis), Clay Evans (Chicago), Melvin Charles Smith (Memphis), Jeremiah Wright (Chicago), Melvin Rodgers (Memphis).

No comments: