Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Draw Me Nearer Blessed Lord

As I was reading R.W.L. Moberly's book, "Prophecy and Discernment" I came across this and it and as I meditated upon these words tears fell from my eyes... I hope you will meditate upon this: Moses is to be so close to God that he is able to hear what god is saying - the assumption is that, with the possible exception of direct address of YHWH to Israel in the Ten Commandments, God does not (as it were) shout, so that PROXIMITY to God matters for hearing God. Where are you? How close to God are you? How far have you wandered from Him? If He is speaking to you right now, can you hear Him? I am Thine Oh Lord, I have heard your voice, And it told Thy love to thee..... But I long to rise in the arms of faith, and be closer drawn to thee, Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord, to the Cross where thou has died, Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord, to Thy precious bleeding side!

No comments: