Monday, October 20, 2008

Nine Days Out and No Regrets

Well, I returned to Tucson Monday October 2oth after a nine day trip to Baltimore, Rochester, and Buffalo and believe me, coming from the East Coast air to the desert heat in mid October was no joke. I returned wearing a black trench coat and a black kango cap that I bought in Buffalo to keep warm. I got off the plane in Tucson and it felt like fire was rushing down my throat. My head began hurting and has nagged me through the night; that's actually why I'm up now, "this nagging headache." Maybe it wasn't the heat, maybe its the nearly 100 boxes that Yvonne and I have packed at the house ready for the truck to pick up and take to Rochester. Maybe its the decisions that have to be made. Are we shipping all the cars? Are we driving any? Are we stopping in Memphis? Are we going to take some of this house's furniture to the Condo in Memphis? Are we taking all of this stuff to Rochester? Are we having a yard sale? Are we having a free-for-all? When are we really leaving? When am I leaving? Do I get a physical before leaving? Are all of the bills here paid? Will the house sell? Will the Beauty Salon sell? Do I take my classic 1970 Skylark Buick to Rochester or to Memphis or do I get rid of it? (The latter is Yvonne's suggestion) How do I do all of what has to be done here and get to Rochester in time to be rested, prayed up, studied up, and ready to preach my first Pastoral Sermon November 2nd? What happens to the chickens? (that's a whole-nother story for those of you who don't know about the chickens lol) Well the one thing that I do know is, this is right for my family and me, it feels good, the Lord's hand is in it, no second thoughts about Tucson or Mount Calvary.. I love them dearly, but God has comforted me completely in knowing that the season here is up! So, I'm going to pray again tonight for some answers to the many questions that are before me, many of them are not listed above, get a cold glass of juice and return to bed!
Bless you for taking the time to listen to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.