Sunday, October 19, 2008

Buffalo New York - Antioch Baptist Church

This was my second Sunday away from Mount Calvary. I miss them and love them and will always be grateful to God for our ten years together. My life is so impacted by them; the worship, choir, children, my senior citizens, my young people, the love, the joy and the pain. I have to admit its different and even difficult being away. I spent some days in Rochester last week securing a house for the family, and thank God that's done. Yvonne and I actually have an address in Rochester, New York! Wow! God has us so covered during this season and has shown us so clearly that this is His doing and ITS Marvelous in His eyes. Rochester has welcomed us with warm, outstretched arms and we're adjusting to a brand new people loving us. I was invited to preach at the Antioch Baptist Church in Buffalo, New York, a church that I preached in many times during my most formative years. (see YouTube) Reverend William and Sister Wanda Bunton are nothing less than parents to me and have been for almost 20 years. Their house is 60 miles from my Rochester residence and less than 1 hour door to door. What a blessing it was to be with my Dad this weekend. This was a time when I needed to be the son and not the father and Reverend Bunton took good care of me. Antioch was ready for church today, received me wonderfully and what a worship time we shared together. Upon returning to Rochester after a few exhausting days in Buffalo to fly back to Tucson to complete the move, I stopped by my new church to speak to whomever was on the campus. I was pleasantly met by the few who had not yet vacated the premises and accompanied to dinner by one of the very fine gentlemen of the church! I got to the airport in good time, turned in my car, went inside just to find that my flight had been canceled. I dare not call anyone to pick me up, rather, walked across the street to the Marriott Hotel to rest for the evening. I know that God knew that my body was too tired for the long flight and He wanted me rested, so rest is what I was doing prior to waking up to share my day's feeling with the blog! Good night!

No comments: